Saturday, March 24, 2012

Why Didn't I Think of This Before?

Most people I know hang their kitchen towels over the oven handle. But the handle on our current oven leaves no space for a towel, and in any case I've never liked crossing the kitchen with drippy hands.

So for years I've hung a towel over the sink, on a hook screwed into the side of the cupboard - but the hook never worked quite right. Either it poked holes in the towel, or the towel slipped off and fell in the sink (usually when something greasy was soaking there), or the loop on the towel was placed wrong and the towel hung down too far. I've tinkered with various hooks, and even made my own, but could never find one that suited me.

Yesterday it came to me - the perfect solution:


So simple. Why didn't I ever think of this before?


(If I were feeling really crafty I would paint the clothespin to match my kitchen decor - but I think it looks fine just the way it is. And it works.)


Mr. M liked the idea so much he borrowed it for his utility towels:


A note on wooden clothespins: they split! Be sure to drill a pilot hole before putting any nails or screws through them.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

11 comments:

  1. Now, then! You need to make one of those beautiful crocheted butterflies to sit on it! :) Really a smashing idea. You are so creative! It might even work to hang a bag of Peanuts in the barn. You never know 'til you try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea! Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your idea is brilliant. I can see many places for a peg just from where I am sitting right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how the best solutions that fix an age old problem, are generally the simplest things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, not sure if you got my Ravelry message re using your lovely button design in a free pattern I'd like to post. I'd love to send you the first draft but don't have your email address. Hope to hear from you soon :-) On Ravelry, I'm JulieClare

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea
    Mary in Thailand

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. I use them for bag clips. I can think of lots of things to hang up with them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Speak on....